Saturday, 19 April 2014

Box Card

Today I wanted to share a box card I made for a friend recovering from surgery.  I also am entering this card in the new Scrap Africa challenge.

What I used:
Tooth brush to create the splatters of ink onto my card.  (My nozzle on my spray was blocked so I decided to use an old toothbrush to create the same effect as the mister.)

I adhered a piece of aluminium (TIN) foil to piece of card stock.  Ran a breyer over the piece.  Cut my wheelbarrow out using my cutting machine.  The wheelbarrow was then run through my cuttlebug.  The final touches was to add some alcohol inks to the piece and then blend them.  I am most excited about how this little wheelbarrow turned out.

I had never heard about using Vaseline on card stock before.  I did some googling LOL and then decided to try it.  Amazing!!!  Just loved using the acrylic paint and Vaseline technique to distress.

Lastly I fussy cut some pretty flowers for the back of my card.  Using normal household scissors I distressed the edges of the flowers and the tabs I stuck onto the card.

Thank you for a wonderful challenge.  Today I also learnt how to use what I had in my home 

Thanks for stopping by 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...